Friday, May 11, 2007

Required reading!


The library (both campuses) has just received copies of The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation which are now available for checkout. (Well, the San Luis copy is currently available--I just checked out the North County copy to read, but I'll finish it fast.) It's designed to make the 9/11 report readable for everyone, in 131 pages. It's written by Sid Jacobson, who was the executive editor at Marvel Comics, and Ernie Colon, who oversaw the production of the Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Blackhawk, and The Flash.

I've tried to read the original 9/11 Report, but gave up after a few dozen pages. I figure I'll actually get through it this time.

"Never before have I seen a nonfiction book as beautifully and compellingly written and illustrated as The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation. I cannot recommend it too highly. It will surely set the standard for all future works of contemporary history, graphic or otherwise, and should be required reading in every home, school, and library."--Stan Lee

from Tina Lau, North County Librarian

No comments: